This job is no longer accepting applications.
Set Sail A.I.
Our company is a leading bot maker in Hong Kong. As we are entering an unprecedented age in which every business will adopt a digital workforce at an exponential rate, our company offers an artificial intelligence platform for the enterprise to build conversation robots (‘chatbots’) in Cantonese, Mandarin, and English that can talk naturally with customers across various platforms such as Instagram, WeChat, Messenger, and mobile app. Our clients include prominent insurance companies, retail & consumer brands, real estate developers, and multinational conglomerates. We are supported by the Technology Start-up Support Scheme for Universities (TSSSU) and Cyberport Incubation Programme.
About the job
In this role you will be expanding our core product in developing a Live Chat support system for Instagram, Facebook Messenger and other social platforms. You will work closely with a small team of full stack engineers and dev op's engineers to develop performant, maintainable and testable code.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Front end engineer to expand the development of web-based features for our core product. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Front end Engineer, you should be comfortable around both front end languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. Front end engineers will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Participate in the design and creation of scalable software
- Writing clean, functional code on the front end code.
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Work closely with your team members comprised of designers, backend engineers and frontend engineers.
- Actively provide your input in web development to ensure we have an optimal user experience.
- Verify functionality and facilitate debugging with unit tests and analytics.
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code
- Develop new user facing features
- Proficient in spoken English and Cantonese
Technologies we use
- Playwright / Cypress
- Mobx (specifically mobx state tree)
- Version control systems
These are skills that we are looking for but are not hard fixed requirements.
- A degree in computer science or relevant working experience.
- 2 or mores years proven experience as a Frontend Engineer or similar role.
- Writing automated unit testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors
- SPA implementation experience
- Experience with various development tools i.e. build tools, task runners, etc.
- We value communication so this is a must for our teammates.
- Knowledge of micro service orientated architecture
- Take a product/sales orientated approach in problem solving.
Nice to Have
Skills that would be a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with continuous development
- Appreciation of UI and UX when developing frontend components and developing on the backend.
- You will get to work in the early stages of the product development cycle
- You will gain experience across the stack from development to deployment strategies.
- We are always open to exploring new modern technologies and encourage exploratory advances.
- Competitive salary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Most Trusted Chatbot Maker In Hong Kong.