Electrical Engineering Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Ampd Energy
Over the next 40 years, the world will add 2.5 trillion square feet of new buildings–equivalent to building a new Paris every week. At Ampd Energy, we believe in making zero-emission, silent and around-the-clock urbanisation a global reality.
Founded in 2014, Ampd Energy develops advanced, electrified and connected equipment that redefines how energy and data is delivered in urban construction. Ampd Energy is a mission and values driven company with an extremely diverse, rockstar team and visionary customers who all want to make a difference.
Summary of the Position
Ampd Energy is growing and is seeking to hire an Electrical Engineering Lead. You will be part of the team that is behind the development of the Ampd Enertainer–our core product. The Enertainer is a radically different way to power up construction sites, which is dramatically cleaner and quieter,.
You will lead a team responsible for designing, prototyping and manufacturing the electronics and electrical architecture for the Ampd Enertainer. The scope is broad and varied, covering control electronics, UI/UX development, high-power electrical engineering and working with the company’s supply chain to manufacture components and subsystems.
You should be motivated, reliable, thorough, and excited about being among the first in the world to work with game-changing products. This is a leadership role so you will need to operate with autonomy, and be a clear, candid, and effective communicator in both spoken and written English. You should also have people development skills and experience building highly productive teams.
Ampd Energy is a values driven company, and we are looking for candidates who are aligned with our core values: Selfless, Never Satisfied, Passionate, Resourceful And Bold.
Come join our mission driven team.
● Degree in Electronics and/or Electrical Engineering or higher
● 7+ years of relevant experience, at least 5 years in a leadership position
● Proven prior design, development and/or testing experience with power electronics (inverters, power supplies, UPSs etc.) and/or electrical engineering (transformers, distribution panels etc.)
● A sound understanding of the technical, performance, and integration of Li-Ion batteries preferred
● Understanding of commissioning and testing of large energy storage products is desired
● Experience working with and managing vendors in Mainland China to source components, manufacture components, PCBAs, entire box-builds and/or subsystems to certain price and quality criteria.
● Working proficiency in English and Mandarin.
As examples, specific duties could include:
● Leading the Electrical Engineering (EE) team on allocating tasks, manpower and monetary resources.
● Working with the EE team on analyzing new features or new products altogether to enhance or to diversify our company’s product portfolio.
● Work with the program manager to identify project priorities and address project bottlenecks.
● Working with the company’s existing electrical, mechanical, software, quality and supply chain teams to develop detailed specifications and requirements for a new part, box-build and/or specific subsystems, to send to vendors as part of an RFP package or NPI processes.
● Collaborating with our quality team and company’s existing vendors to diagnose and address manufacturing quality issues (e.g. out-of-spec or component defects leading to low yields, implementing new or improving existing quality gates etc.).
● For products which have already been deployed, assisting the company’s field engineering team when necessary to diagnose and fix non-standard product errors or malfunctions at customer sites.
● Develop and build the Electrical engineering team and culture in line with the company’s priorities and values.
● Competitive salary package including commission.
● Full medical, dental & travel insurance coverage.
● Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel after 8pm).
How to apply
Please send your detailed resume in PDF format stating availability and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.
Ampd Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be assessed on merit without regard to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, marital status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.