Cybersecurity DFIR Intern
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This internship position (“DFIR Intern”) will support the Digital Forensic & Incident Response (“DFIR”) service line at Blackpanda Pte Ltd (“Blackpanda”), working with a team of experienced, highly trained cybercrime investigators and responders. The ideal candidate is a quick learner and flexible thinker, ice cool under pressure during crisis, able to manage a variety of tasks across business verticals with acute attention to detail. Applicants should be comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment, and be willing to scrap and hustle for whatever the cyber incident responders need done in the middle of solving crisis.
The DFIR Intern will be trained on usage of the global leading EDR platforms and other common tooling in the cyber incident response and digital forensics field with the oversight and mentorship of one of Blackpanda’s elite responders on real-world, live cases in the field with clients ranging from the largest banks to High Net-Worth Individuals to mid-size gaming start-ups. With the entire world vulnerable to cyber attack, Blackpanda responds to them all and the DFIR Intern will be exposed to the widest range and most challenging, fascinating, and cutting-edge cyber attacks seen in the Asia region.
The DFIR Intern will also interact with all core Blackpanda members of the company and gain exposure to a number of strategic business objectives, including (but not limited to) those of the operations, sales, marketing, and administrative departments, in order to enable the DFIR Intern to gain situation awareness of wider business operations on a personal development level.
There are internships available in Singapore and Hong Kong; each DFIR Intern will be assigned a personal mentor Level 3 Blackpanda DFIR Specialist, and training will occur both virtually and in-person at the Blackpanda offices.
Top candidates will be offered a full-time position to join the ranks of Blackpanda’s vaunted DFIR specialist team after a six-month time period, which could start immediately upon graduation, if the candidate is a student currently. Full-time position at Blackpanda includes competitive pay, generous equity stock option packages, 20 days of paid holiday leave, flexible (but highly demanding) work schedule, multiple commission earnings opportunities, annual fully-paid training at SANS courses, and the right to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the best cyber crisis responders Asia has to offer.
- Support Level 1 analyst-level DFIR work with oversight from Blackpanda Level 3 specialist; assist in threat analysis and incident investigation
- Meeting minutes and assigned next actions for every meeting that assigned mentor Blackpanda Level 3 specialist attends
- Incident Response and Digital Forensics report writing and editing in collaboration with assigned mentor Blackpanda Level 3 specialist
- Support of DFIR team in service of the business’ objectives, including but not limited to research into the cybersecurity industry, its key players and latest intelligence
- Assistance with building and evolving workflows and SOPs
- Assist in building and finalizing sales and marketing proposals
- Special Projects - The intern may work under the direction of other members of Blackpanda to support Special Projects or Initiatives that will be of value to Blackpanda and are of interest to the Intern.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Cybersecurity students, computer science undergrads and grad school students, or technical and cyber-aspiring minded talented individuals are highly encouraged to apply, as the position can be tailored for part-time engagement and long-term, case-by-case dependent and open for discussion if the candidate has what it takes and passes Blackpanda’s rigorous and lengthy recruiting pipeline.
- This position is also a fit for those seeking to pivot careers into cybersecurity, and particularly DFIR; preference is given to mature, experienced intern candidates.
- Good command of formal English business report writing and communication skills – this will be closely examined in a case study interview
- Demonstrated background and capabilities in cybersecurity education or experience, particularly DFIR; preferred to see cybersecurity qualifications from SANS, CREST, etc. and all related streams of study are notably relevant
- Experience with EDR platforms like SentinelOne, Carbon Black, and Crowdstrike is a major plus
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Programming experience is highly favourable
- Understanding of Cloud Security is a major plus
- Exposure to SaaS apps such as Asana, Confluence, Slack, Box
- Business fluency in an Asian language is a major plus
- Completed (or currently pursuing) an undergraduate or graduate degree program, preferably in a related discipline (Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Completed SANS, CREST, or similar cybersecurity training certifications is a major plus
BLACKPANDA is Asia’s premier cyber security incident response group, hyper-focused on digital forensics and cyber crisis response. Our team consists of an elite cadre of risk and security experts from International military special forces, intelligence, forensics and law enforcement backgrounds. We are highly trained, ready to respond to and help manage crises on short notice, when and wherever needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Asia’s Premier Digital Forensics & Incident Response Firm.